[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - hi I'm new here

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

hi I'm new here

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Say No To Vorderman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:44 pm

couldn't decide which forum to use for posting my hello so settled on this in the end

just joined having recently got the guitar bug again after many years with nothing but a Columbus 335 copy to my name...sold my last proper guitar back in 84 (1967 Precision :cry: )...got my first bass since then in april, 78/79 Precision..and then a few weeks ago bought a Non Reverse Epiphone Thunderbird(light blue with mother of pearl scratchplate...then a Les Paul copy of unknown make..and last weekend a Hagstrom Futurama(64/65 i think) and an unknown guitar, neither of which have arrived yet..what the hell, here's some photos..if anyone can identify the last one i'd be grateful

these are the two i'm waiting on...

and i'm about to order one of these from the USA

Say No To Vorderman

by VintAxe » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'd say your red mystery guitar was likely built by Kawai in the late 1960's. That clam-shell vibrato tailpiece with the 3 back screws is frequently seen on Kawai's and Kawai built Teiscos around 1969. Of course, Japanese builders bought their hardware from relatively few suppliers so it is possible some one else made it, but I'd put my money on Kawai. A better look at the bridge and the pickups might allow me to make a more definitive ID. Post a closer view once it arrives.

You've got a nice little collection going, congratulations on your purchases. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Say No To Vorderman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:13 am

Say No To Vorderman

by Say No To Vorderman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:34 am

here's some more pics

Say No To Vorderman

by Say No To Vorderman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:54 am

took it into the local guitar shop today and they had a look at it..and thought it was pretty good...i thought they'd have to do some work on it but they told me i'd already fixed the jack problem well enough and the feedback was common from those type of pick ups (it makes an awesome screechy raunchy sound through my Zoom box thingy)one of the geeks in the shop reckoned it was a catalogue guitar and from the pins where the name once was he thought it might have been branded as a Top Twenty..so i'm off to hunt the web for pics of them now 8) i'm a happy man now i know it's ok :lol:
Say No To Vorderman

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:11 am

VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:27 am

Here is a little something for you. The Top Twenty attribution was all I needed to find your guitar in the Bell Musical Instruments LTD catalog.

Here is your guitar in all it's glory being advertised in the 1970 Bell catalog. I think my 1969 attribution was close, I give myself points.

Enjoy the guitar. sb

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Say No To Vorderman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:13 pm

I'm impressed...give yourself some extra points :lol: i'll have to buy this Blue Book...

so.... do you think the model was called "1970"?

i am so impressed by the sound of it..been tinkering away on it again tonight, much to my girlfriends annoyance...yes, she spotted it this afternoon..."and what is that blue box then?" :lol: :lol: she's still not asked what's in the big black gig bag that appeared in our living room a few weeks ago (the thunderbird) :lol:

ah the joys of obsessive collecting...nearly bought a kingston violin bass earlier this evening but thought i'd better not so i backed out at £100..i'm really keen on buying this Maranello from the states but don't want to do so until i have enough in my paypal account to still have a couple of hundred spare for any real bargains...Arbiter are bringing the Italia range to britain shortly and one of the shops in my city is getting the exact guitar i want..and they'll do me a decent price but they're not importing the Italia hard case..and i can still save about £50 and get the proper hard case by importing..decision decisions...it all depends on this sundays ebay sales and how many are paying by paypal....i'm regarding the paypal account as not being real money as it's just from selling junk from my house anyway
Say No To Vorderman

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts