[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1981 Aria Pro II ST-1512 Super Twin

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1981 Aria Pro II ST-1512 Super Twin

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Twinman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:36 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum but I have enjoyed owning many different makes and models of guitars through the years. I'd like to recount the tale of my latest purchase. I'm on Ebay alot..........probably more than I need to be but.............not long ago I came home from work and did a run through of my "setlist". [things I search for often] when I did a search for "Double Neck Guitar" I couldn't believe what I was looking at..........yeh, a Aria Super Twin. I owned one years ago but traded it off in a moment of stupidity and have always wanted another,well here it was......no reserve as well, hey OK!, although I knew this would go for quite abit of $ when all was said and done. I tracked the auction through the listing time and on the final day I called the seller regarding the details of the guitar,very nice guy and a pleasure to talk with,I assured him of my intentions to have that guitar! well cut to the chase, I lost the auction, [just as I had the last time I had seen one of these guitars some four years ago on Ebay] when I checked the winners feedback which had many negative feedback comments regarding contact and payment I contacted the seller and asked him that if he didn't follow through and buy the guitar would he be willing to sell it to me,he said he would stay in touch in the following days if there were problems. well I was given a second shot at getting it and I got it! [Thanks Larry!] it is in incredible condition,it plays and sounds unreal, quite a site to behold, you see the photos and they don't do justice to the amazing build quality of this guitar,its very cool and I'm very lucky to count myself among the few that have one of these. Have a look at the pics and tell me what you think. Regards, TM

Twinman

Wow

by VintAxe » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:14 pm

That double neck is whats known in the venacular as "SWEET".

Well Done!

What a great finish and it looks like it was shipped out of the Aria factory yesterday.

Are you having any fun with it yet?

Congratulations on an outstanding purchase.

sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:29 pm

Isn't there some connection between Aria and Ibanez?
mrblanche

by Twinman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:55 am

Hello, To the best of my understanding no, Aria is the brand of guitar that comes to the mind of most people when dicussing Matsumoku [or "Uncle Matt" Guitars] although they manufactured guitars for other brands. [Greco,Vantage,Etc.] Ibanez had a guitarline/model named the "Musician"] which had some models that had some of the same features as the Arias such as neck through construction, coil taps,Etc. Ibanez makes some great guitars,and I have owned/own quite afew. Hope I have answered your question. go on the net and use the keyword MATSUMOKU there is quite abit of info to be found and lots of pics of "Uncle Matt" guitars. Best Regards, :D TM
Twinman

by Bob K » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:16 am

Bob K

by Twinman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:01 am

Hello, Hey thanks for the kind words regarding the guitar,its really been a dream to own one of these,in the listing/discription on Ebay the seller stated that in all the years he was a retail dealer and collector he had seen only one other Aria doubleneck and that was the ST- 1504 which has the bass neck on top. I have seen one of these for sale on Ebay U.K. in the past year but I have not seen one of these ST-1512 double necks ANYWHERE for sale for 4+yrs. prior to this one.I'd really like to get some production numbers on these and I'm a little curious as when they changed the headstock design, mine is a 1981[late 1980 was the first year introduction for the 1512 & 1504 I'm told] so I believe it was done after that year. The Padouk Red finish on mine really brings out the spectacular grain patterns in the Ash [I believe this is called Senwood, a type of Japanese ash] and is a striking contrast to the lighter colored maple necks and Walnut speeders,its really a beauty just to look at. it plays and sounds unreal, great action with alot of tone choices and it has sustain for days,I weighted it once on a postal scale and I seem to have gotten a misreading so...........I have now the accurate weight of the guitar at just a hair over 13 Lbs., not bad for a "Double" and its balanced very nicely, no overly heavy headstock thing going on with this guitar. I have played it everyday since I've gotten it but have to plans to take it out for a gig.........too rare a piece to risk injury or theft.....I'd be hard pressed to find another this nice,its as new as the day it was made [really!] who ever was the original owner of this guitar took exceptional care of it [THANK YOU!] and I plan to do the same, it will be a house guitar as are a few others that I own. anybody here on the forum with any info or perhaps another owner of either the 1512 or 1504 I love to hear about any info you have or comments regarding these guitars. hey thanks again Steve for posting the photos for me. Best Regards TM :D
Twinman

by jedistar » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:04 am

jedistar

by Twinman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:08 pm

Hey Hello, You know I must have looked on this site dozens of times............I missed that..............I knew Phil Palmer used one back in the day.............its no more though as it took a nasty fall on stage [or somewhere when he was playing it] and came up short one neck.OUCH! thank for taking time and providing the info on headstock design changes. Many Thanks! TM :oops:
Twinman

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts