[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - bought my first Strat

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

bought my first Strat

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Say No To Vorderman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:00 pm

won this on ebay tonight..much to my surprise :lol:

seller described it thus...
"Genuine 1986 Fender Stratocaster.

For sale is my beautiful 1986 custom Fender Stratocaster in surf green serial number V005487.

The strat has an american ash body and upgraded gold hardware. The pick ups are the original fender pickups.

The neck is a standard mahogany 21 fret stratocaster neck, i love it it's so smooth and just glides.

The guitar is in great condition kept strictly perfect. there is one slight scratch but only superficial."

got it for £350 ( I expected it to go for over £500)..the seller had a few negative feedbacks which i guess put the usual suspect off bidding..they seemed to be for trivial things though so fingers crossed..it's not like i spent real money :lol: £100 of it came from selling a 1997 Wu Wear hooded top the other week

I know it's not exactly vintage but can any of you spot anything wrong or out of place with it (apart from calling the neck mahogany)?
Say No To Vorderman

by VintAxe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Nicely Done!

I love surf green and maple fretboards. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.

sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 am

BIG thumbs up on the seafoam! My favorite color!!

Harkens to the Will Farrel movie "Stranger than Fiction," the scene where he decides to take on his life-long ambition and learn to play guitar... goes to a shop and picks up a battered seafoam Strat.

The maple board is DEFINITELY a nice touch.
Michael Ambrose

by jedistar » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 am

Agree surf green sure is pretty...
jedistar

by Say No To Vorderman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:19 am

:evil: bastards..it's a fake :evil: arrived this morning and no neckplate with serial number, replaced with gold. my suspicions were aroused and i took it to two local guitar shops this afternoon..who confirmed none of the parts are Fender..and the parts aren't worth the £350 i paid :( having said that, it is really nice and sounds pretty good :D
emailed the guy giving him the options of refunding my cash and i return the guitar at my expense, refund £200 of my cash and i'll keep it or i contact the police and take him to the small claims court

shame...as it really does feel and look nice..but i'm not paying £350 for a fekking fake :D

i wouldn't care but there's been loads of real usa strats going this last week on ebay for under £400 which i could have bought..sods law the prices will go up again now :(
Say No To Vorderman

by VintAxe » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Wow, sorry to hear that. It looks pretty convincing in those pictures.

Do you think the seller was aware it's a fake?

I don't know about the UK, but in the States threatening to contact police and small claims court doesn't carry much weight. I spent two years trying to collect from a guy that sold me a guitar on eBay and never shipped it. Finally, he just disappeared.

I think the best insurance is to pay for these items through Paypal. They offer up to a $2,000 refund on deals that go bad. I've only used the service once, but it did refund $2,000. Unfortunately, I'd paid $2,400 for the guitar so I was still out a bit of money.

I hope you get justice. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts