[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - LIne 6 Variax

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

LIne 6 Variax

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Say No To Vorderman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:52 am

I know it's not vintage but....

just bought a Variax 600 today..first impressions are good

went into local shop yesterday with the girlfriend to see if she preferred the surf green strat or the gold one I've been looking at...saw they'd reduced the Variax's and couldn't resist it today when i had a try of it...anyway...she wanted one as they're small and so is she..and she promised to learn to play guitar and write some hit tunes if i bought her it 8)
hoping she'll get the bug as well and I can buy more guitars without her moaning...worst case I just end up with as Variax for myself :lol:

will post some photos once I've taken them

any of you tried them? quite an amazing variety of sounds
Say No To Vorderman

by Say No To Vorderman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:19 pm

here it is...the eagle eyed might spot that they've painted the landing in my flats since my last purchase :lol:
Say No To Vorderman

by frankpaush » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:13 am

what are the vertical holes in the backplate for?? springholder correction?

what about dynamics? I heard a lot of musician telling, nice sounds for studio work, but no dynamic feeling, no response from the instrument.
frankpaush

by jedistar » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:43 am

My lead guitarist swears by his Variax. He uses it through a Line 6 Floor Pedal and can pull just about any sound you can imagine. Great set up for a covers band.

I am an analog guy (VHT Pittbull + PRS SC) and think that at volume my set up is better...but unless my amp is cranked he sounds pretty good....
jedistar

by Say No To Vorderman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:49 am

Say No To Vorderman

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts