[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Vintage Guitar,Amp Collection - Million Dollar Opening Bid!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Vintage Guitar,Amp Collection - Million Dollar Opening Bid!

Direct Visitors to interesting guitars on eBay, alert visitors to items you are selling through online auctions or Craigslist. You can also report scammers and share stories related to online transactions

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Spud1950 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Wow,check this out. Massive vintage guitar,amp and other equipment auction on eBay. Shipping is only $50,000. :D

Spud1950

by VintAxe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 pm

What a ridiculous stunt. I don't understand what's gained here.

Spud, I'll go in 500,000 if you'll go in 500,000. We can rent a moving truck and pick up the stuff so we don't pay shipping fees.

Wait, I'm not sure I have enough room in my basement for all those Jimi Marshalls. Can you keep a few over your house? :roll:

Wait, Chicago Music Exchange may try to outbid us; Can you go $600,000?
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Spud1950 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:36 am

LOL. I'll have to decline your kind offer. Beside the money issue, I don't think I could fit those Marshalls into my studio apartment. Your living room is probably bigger then my entire apartment!
Spud1950

by cheepaxes » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Gosh, if I was playing more electric guitar these days it might be worth it, but I've got all these bass gigs and all... Besides I just don't get gigs these day where I can crank a 100 watt Marshall. Or severals 100 Marshalls...

If it weren't for that I'd be all over this auction.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by VintAxe » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:36 pm

You are absolutely right about that kind of amp power Scott. The biggest amp I have at the moment is an old block script EVH 5150 Peavey that my son bought when he was playing in a metal band. The preamp stage is choked down with low watt preamp tubes and I think only half of the power tubes are in it. He's played several outdoor festivals and has had power to spare.

I just read the September 2009 issue of VG with the Mick Mars interview. Now, I know the members of Motley Crue are not known for healthy lifestyle choices but in the article Mick states that the SPL level where he stands on stage is 124 db. His quote is " it doesn't hurt, it's just a really fat warm tone. Wow, I'm not hip but I didn't think musicians were using that much stage volume these days.

I know the saying "if it's too loud, your too old" but how can you rehearse and then tour at that volume when you're at his age? I know he has health problems so maybe he's at the WTF stage of life.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Online Auction Guitar Listings and Alerts

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts