The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hondo II SG (Cherry) For Sale..

Direct Visitors to interesting guitars on eBay, alert visitors to items you are selling through online auctions or Craigslist. You can also report scammers and share stories related to online transactions

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by smokingblue » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi everybody,

I recieved this guitar last week, a great Gibson SG copy by Hondo II.
It's been cleaned it up and had a few much needed changes to it by putting some old but good quality (period correct) tuners and a Gibson style 'bell' truss rod cover, the toggle cap has also been replaced. It has got a few screw holes above the tuners but the open book shaped headstock is free from any logo now so you quite easily 'finish it off' :D .Believed to be made around 78-79 (Vintaxe) it is great quality build, some amazing wood grain on neck very heavy in weight, a small ding on the left horn and the usual dings expected on a guitar this age.

Im going to put it on e-bay in the next couple of weeks with high-res pictures and more detail, but I am open to offers. Im based in London so I guess postage would vary, but easily arranged (worldwide)

Cheers

Sam

smokingblue

Return to Online Auction Guitar Listings and Alerts

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts