[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Tradition Guitars and Trem King Tremolos

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Tradition Guitars and Trem King Tremolos

Here is the place to post your latest discoveries related to guitars, amps, effects, books, websites, etc. Let us know what you have found.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by 101Volts » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:15 pm

One week ago while catching up on Mosrite knowledge I came across a video on youtube. it demonstrated the use of a Trem King tremolo system. The video I linked to is not the one I first saw however I thought this was a better example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB6yVCDupag

It impressed me so after some research I found some Tradition guitars make use of this Tremolo. Yesterday I played a Tradition with a Trem King and it was everything the video described - Strings don't go out of tune after use of the tremolo, Only the strings you strum vibrate after use of it and you can even use this in the opposite way. Instead of giving them relief you can actually pull on the strings, Making them go up in tune! As for the guitar, It was a Telecaster copy. It had a Mahogany body, A Single coil at the bridge and a humbucker at the neck. However it had an interesting feature - You could "split" the humbucker making it sound like a single coil! I'd say that it is everything you can expect out of a Telecaster solid body guitar. Personally, I didn't like the sound (Too fat for me, I prefer semi hollow teles) But for $619 (MSRP, The one in store was $400) I'd say it is a very good guitar for the price.

Links:

Tradition's site:

http://traditionguitars.com/index.html

Trem King's site:

http://www.tremking.com/index.html
101Volts

Return to What's New?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts