[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Anyone using AmpliTube 3.5 FREE yet?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Anyone using AmpliTube 3.5 FREE yet?

Here is the place to post your latest discoveries related to guitars, amps, effects, books, websites, etc. Let us know what you have found.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Brian @ IK » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 am

What do you think of it so far?
The basic version of AmpliTube is free now, with 23 free gear models to start with, plus a high percision chromatic tuner.
www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree
Brian @ IK

by johnnyb » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 am

i tried it. not a fan of modeling. i was hoping it was going to be awesome but its a far cry from the rig i use. i think it takes away from the nuances of the guitars natural tone and homogenizes it to a point where it makes no difference if your playing a $5000 gibson or a $99 first act. if your playing the latter its great, but otherwise its going the wrong direction, for me anyway. i have an old johnson j station and its not much better sounding than that. although the interface is quite impressive. it also has a cool app for an i phone that allows you to carry your rig on it and just plug it into a p.a. but still not for me.

john
johnnyb

by Brian @ IK » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:24 pm

johnny, I would suggest demoing some of the officially certified Fender, Orange, and Soldano models. In my experience, the character of my ES-335 really shines through on these. My personal favorites for this type of detail is the Orange AD 30 and RockerVerb.
Brian @ IK

Return to What's New?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts