[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Effects Pedal suggestions

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Effects Pedal suggestions

This is the place to discuss bands, pedals, technique or a memorable gig experience. All noninstrument related musical topics are welcome

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by DADSGETNDOWN » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Hello boys and girls.
What would be a good suggestion to get sounds that are similar to
70's 80's Rock and Rock and Roll.
You know the basic, VH, Led Zep, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Black Sabbath and
the milder Stones, Journey, Tom Petty Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles ?

That should give you an idea, don't want to make a huge list.:)
( not to expensive)
We only have cheap beginner amps and guitars except my old Charvelle.
Fender Sidekick Reverb 25,
I don't even know what the differences are even though I have messed
with Boss DS1 Distortion (orange) which I use most.
and a Boss Turbo Overdrive OD-2 (Yellow)
I think these are losing thier Ummph, they are old, might just replace
them they are in the price range.
although I was looking at the Ediie Van Halen MXR $99 ( red/white)
dude what ever it is.
I love Eddie.!
Not sure we can afford the $189 (white/black) one I seen.
What would give us a good sound for those sounds to start ?

Part 2 if you are interested,
What do these bands use ?
how to find out ? Haha!
Boy that's a loaded question lol.
Last edited by DADSGETNDOWN on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DADSGETNDOWN

by VintAxe » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey DADSGETNDOWN,

After years of trying to get by using cheap guitar amps, I finally figured out that you can't get good tone without a good amp regardless of the pedals and guitars you stick in front of it. So, my first bit of advice would be to bite the bullet and buy a good low watt (30w or below) tube amplifier.

As you think about effects, you might have fun checking out the rigs the big boys use. The most comprehensive source of info on famous player rigs I know of is guitargeeks.com. They provide you with schematics that illustrate how all the components are linked together.

A couple of other sources of info on famous guitar rigs are here:

VintAxe
Site Admin

by DADSGETNDOWN » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Well Hi there Steve, Thanks.
We only play in a small room, and the little amps sound so-so.
Ofcourse I don't have much to compare too :)
I do however have an amp I have no real idea what type it is or how many amps or anything, I used to use it, but it is to big for the kids.
It's a Mitchell Sand Amp, There should be 3 pictures I post for it.
It's about 21" Tall, 26" Wide, 11" Deep with 2 - (I think) 10" Speakers.
Been sitting for years :(
It has a foot switch input, does that make it so I can plug the pedal in
there, and plug the guitar into the input, bypassing hooking the guitar into
pedal then into amp input ?.
What pedal would you recommend for 70's-80's rock sounds ?

Mitchell Sand Amp Pixs:
OH HECK, I have resized them to about 400X300, You hosted the ones
for my guitar, can you email me and do that again please ?
or maybe look at them, they suck, only because the amp is OLD and dirty.
DADSGETNDOWN

Return to The Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts