The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

A little detour from the norm... a NORMA drum kit!

This is the place to discuss bands, pedals, technique or a memorable gig experience. All noninstrument related musical topics are welcome

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm sure plenty of us here have Norma guitars... but how many of us have a Norma drum kit?!?

Mounted tom: 9" x 6"

Floor tom: 10" x 10"

Kick drum: 16" x 10"

Oh yeah, its tiny... but when I'm done its going to pack a punch!!

...it even has the original Norma heads on the kick!!

I've completely disassembled the shells and given the aqua-blue wraps a thorough cleaning, and on my day off on Sunday I'll be drilling and replacing all of the original lugs with modern ones. (The original lugs are single-shaft, which means its just one long pole, adjustable at only one end, which passes through a retainer in the middle of the shell.)

I'll tell you this much... I have a junk Coda drum kit (12, 14, 20)... sort of a low-end starter thing I got at a flea market for next to nothing... and in putting the two kits side by side, I can honestly tell you that this little 60's beater is built better than the modern kit. Sad, really...

So... I've got some Remo's on order...

Jazzed on this one! Can't wait to actually play this!
Michael Ambrose

Return to The Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts