[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - I just got thinking there have been so many great gigs

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

I just got thinking there have been so many great gigs

This is the place to discuss bands, pedals, technique or a memorable gig experience. All noninstrument related musical topics are welcome

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by jcbass » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:44 pm

1)I started playing when I was 15 in 1966 I already told you about my first taste of Fender, that was in 1967. My first paying gig was New Years Eve 1966, 40 years ago in 12 days. we got a whooping $40.00 for the gig. I will never forget the nervousness leading up to the gig and the rush when we started playing, the energy during the night. I mean we were accomplished, I think we had all of 20 songs but we were ready to go for it.
My musical career was off again on again until 1978 when I started playing in a good rock and roll/ contry band. In 1979 I went to work in a band Called Saddle Boogie, at the time we were the road band for Chris Ledoux. My first gig with him was in Casper Wyoming at the rodeo. The rodeo ended and we were ready to go on........they introduced us, the lights came on, the crowd of about 10,000 people started to cheer..............I was scared Shitless.......that is the largest crowd I have ever Played for. Each day I think of another gig here or there but none that set me back like that one. I hope that we can all share a memorble gig with each other.
Another VERY memorible gig was the one where I met my wife, I tell you about that one anther time.

John (jcbass)
John (jcbass)
jcbass

by VintAxe » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:25 am

VintAxe
Site Admin

by jcbass » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:58 am

John (jcbass)
jcbass

Return to The Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts