[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - help please - pedals in new york?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

help please - pedals in new york?

This is the place to discuss bands, pedals, technique or a memorable gig experience. All noninstrument related musical topics are welcome

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by jedistar » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:00 am

Not sure this is correct place - I would have asked this on HC but banned site at my hotel in Anaheim. I have escaped from home (Australia) and want to pick up some US made pedals while on holiday here. No time to get to Guitar Center in LA - is there a high volume guitar shop in New York or Washington DC that i could pick up something interesting? New or Vintage is fine....(Wish I had room for a guitar but that is not an option)
Cheers
jedistar

by cheepaxes » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:59 pm

Arlington, VA is a suburb of Wash., DC. See www.actionguitar.com in Arlington. The last I knew they carried boutique pedals by Fulltone and others. I'm also a fan of Atomic Music in Beltsville, Maryland -- a fun store, though boutique pedals isn't their strong suit.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by VintAxe » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:58 pm

If you'll be in midtown Manhattan, I think there is a music row centered around Manny's.

Manny's New York
156 West 48th Street (between 6th & 7th Avenues)
New York, New York 10036

VintAxe
Site Admin

by jedistar » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:06 am

Thanks for this - will definitely try Mannys in Manhattan.

Regards

paul
jedistar

by VintAxe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:44 am

Cool Paul.

Although I have been to Manhattan a few times since, the last time I visited Manny's was 1981. I remember because I bought a dated T shirt when I was there. Manny's was the Jimi Hendrix music store in my mind and was high on my sightseeing list. I left with a fistfull of Manny embossed picks that I handed out to my music friends upon my return home. I have no pedals, hopefully you'll do better.

Here is a directory of other NY music stores. A couple are within an easy walk of Manny's. If I were you I'd definately stop by Rudy's and of course Sam Ash is the ultimate volume dealer.

Let us know how it goes. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by jedistar » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:17 am

Thanks SB
an update - today manged to convice the family to come to the local Guitar Center - at Fullerton - the closest I could find to Anaheim where we are staying. While it wasn't as huge as I expected for a GC it was still very impressive by Australian standards.

For the record I picked up an MXR Dynacomp, a Visual Sound Jekyl & Hyde (am getting a bit bored with my MXR Dime Distortion and Mesa VTwin), plus 4 sets of Elixir strings for my acoustic, a capo and a neck stand for string changing - all for $320 US....

I paid the asking prices without bothering to haggle and I am still a very happy camper. USA prices are way cheaper than OZ.
jedistar

by jedistar » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:23 pm

Further update - got to 48 th Street yesterday - visited Mannys and Sam Ash.. Wife breathing down shoulder so no time to go to Rudy's as well. An awesome block of shops for those into music of any kind.

Sam Ash tempted me with some interesting T-Rex, MXR and BBE pedals but I was strong...

But i did pick up a Manny's T-shirt..like any good tourist...

And I actually saw a customer knock a Telecaster off an overhead display rack - it came down hard - headstock first with much noise and clatter..Customer just picked it up and put it back like it was normal....
cheers
paul
jedistar

Return to The Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts