[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Eric Burdon and the Animals/War

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Eric Burdon and the Animals/War

Show us your favorite videos featuring a great band, a great guitar or simply a great performance

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by VintAxe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:03 am

Eric Burdon has performed a lot of great music beginning with his band the Animals in the 1960's and continuing with his band War in the 1970's.

Let's start with an Animals anthem "It's My Life" which certainly grabbed my attention in 1966.

Last edited by VintAxe on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:07 am

Another song the Animals turned into a Classic "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood".

Here's a version with out of synch audio but good shots of the band from the Ed Sullivan Show.

Here's a live version recorded at Wembley:
Last edited by VintAxe on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:26 am

While the Beatles were singing about "Love, Love, Love" in 1965, The Animals were dark, gritty and pessimistic. Check out another great Animal's hit "We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place".

Popular entertainment in the mid 60's rarely explored the seedy side of life.

Great Bassline by the way.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Of course, no Animals retrospective is complete without their rendention of "The House of the Rising Sun".

This is the best version I have found so far. In this 1964 version the song is spirited and actually being played live.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:43 pm

The classic I remember was this:

I couldn't find a good performance video.

By the way, the name's "Burdon."
mrblanche

by VintAxe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Got her fixed mrblanche. I was working from memory; not paying attention. :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:06 am

That's OK. You'd be surprised some of the things I swore I knew to be true from memory, back in the 70's.
mrblanche

by Say No To Vorderman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:29 pm

I once shared a joint and a whiskey with Eric Burdon back in about 78 or 79? when i was still a punk rocker 8) it might be my memory playing tricks but i'm fairly certain he was wearing a long Afghan coat :lol: 8)
Say No To Vorderman

Return to Historical Guitar Videos

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts