[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - OUR ROOTS

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

OUR ROOTS

Show us your favorite videos featuring a great band, a great guitar or simply a great performance

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by BluesHawk » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:51 pm

We can get so passionate about the music and the guitar we're into right now, that we sometimes lose the big picture. I know I need to be reconnected with the roots every so often and I thought I'd share the latest wake-up call delivered to me by the Higher Powers of Rock.

This video shook me by the collar. :evil: Reminding me never to forget the roots of the music we love. This example, the influence that hugely talented Otis Rush had on Fleetwood Mac.

And here's where it gets good. Some talented musicians forget the roots of Fleetwood Mac. And might say, "Fleetwood Mac? :roll: Pop wankers."

All the more reason to nudge bandmates when ya get a chance and point em to the roots. Cuz whatever people think the Mac is, this is where Fleetwood Mac come from. Danny Kirwan's just eighteen! Ya just can't forget after ya watch em play Otis Rush:

http://youtu.be/FoV2prB6vHo
Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by opotable » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:29 pm

opotable

by BluesHawk » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:06 pm

Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by BluesHawk » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Checked it out on Youtube...My guess is that since I posted it, the owner of the video took it off Youtube. Too bad because it's a good one.

Still, Fleetwood Mac's roots Blues was authentic and the way they played Otis Rush was the best. Or check out their version of "I need Your Love So Bad"...the Shrine Live version, not their recorded version with strings ( :roll: )

http://youtu.be/xwFJyMScwjQ
Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

Return to Historical Guitar Videos

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts