The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

The all-time greatest dashboard slapper

Show us your favorite videos featuring a great band, a great guitar or simply a great performance

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by mrblanche » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:53 am

Iron Butterfly, of course. What is the guitar being played here? And they cut out the drum solo, probably to get the file down to size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5exKLQVrpM
mrblanche

by VintAxe » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:12 am

Cool video mrblanche,

Both the Guitar and Bass are Mosrites but it is difficult to tell whether they are authenic or Japanese copies through all the psychadelic blobs. Firstman made some very good Mosrite copies around 1968 that are sometimes difficult to distinguish from Semi Mosley's instruments. They were know as Mosrite Avengers and often have Mosrite of California written on their headstocks and trem unit.

Thanks for contributing a video. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by cheepaxes » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:45 pm

I'm pretty sure that Iron Butterfly used actual Mosrites.
cheepaxes

by VintAxe » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:06 pm

I'm sure you are right Scott, after all, Iron Butterfly did have a record deal and I doubt many Mosrite Avengers ever made it to the U.S.

BTW, did you see the three part interview with Semi Mosely that Michael Wright published in the 2007 January, February and March issues of VG magazine. What an up and down life Semi had. It must be pretty tough to get rich and go broke so many times in one lifetime. Interesting reading. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Historical Guitar Videos

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts