[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - A little patience, please...

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

A little patience, please...

Show us your favorite videos featuring a great band, a great guitar or simply a great performance

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by mrblanche » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:19 am

Digging back into the archives of the 70's, I remembered this little piece:

Now, I showed you that, to show you this:

Why? Because the guitarist on the latter is Tony Peluso. The Carpenters picked him up from Mark Lindsay (Paul Revere and the Raiders). He's the disc jockey on the first piece, as well as the disc jockey all across the the "Yesterday Once More" album.

And a fun little trivia piece. The first one, "Calling Occupants," was a remake from another group, a group that never got really famous, although they did have a following. Their fans believed a lot of "conspiracy theories" about the group, one of which was really interesting for a rock fan.

What's the group?

And the most common rumour about them?
mrblanche

by VintAxe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:08 am

Hey mrblanche,

I've had to sacrifice my MOTU in order to record drum tracks for the next GFS album. We needed "lots" of inputs and the rig at my friend's studio needed to be supplemented with my MOTU. This has left me without sound on my computer so I haven't been able to listen to the clips you have posted.

However, I do think I know your trivia question, and it's a good one.

The song "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" was first recoded by the band Klaatu in 1976. Since the group had a very Beatlish sound and no band members were identified on the record it was rumored that Klaatu was actually the Beatles.

Here is a link to a 1977 radio broadcast where the question of whether Klaatu was the Beatles is discussed. Fun Stuff.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Well, since the Beatles by that time were not even speaking to each other, it was pretty ridiculous!

I hear Tony is still around, by the way.
mrblanche

Return to Historical Guitar Videos

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts