[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - No wonder Angus is so skinny!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

No wonder Angus is so skinny!

Show us your favorite videos featuring a great band, a great guitar or simply a great performance

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by mrblanche » Tue May 01, 2007 2:14 pm

This is not a great-quality video, but it demonstrates what they do so well!

mrblanche

by VintAxe » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:44 pm

Hey mrblanche,

I've got to admit that for most of my youth I didn't care for AC/DC. In hindsight, it has less to do with the band, and more to do with my neighbor.

Two to three times a year for several years, I would host a party at my house where my band would play. For a year or so, the neighbor that rented the house next to me would show up, get drunk early and scream for AC/DC at every break between songs. Well, we didn't have a growly singer, and we didn't have a Marshall stack, and frankly, we didn't know much about AC/DC. I didn't care to check into the band much since anyone this moron neighbor liked I knew would be of no interest to me. This is the guy that would get drunk early, throw up on your cat by midnight and show up at your door at 3 am claiming to have lost his wallet and asking if you have any reefer. I'm sure you know him or have heard of him.

Anyway, it wasn't until several years later that I saw a live performance of AC/DC and began to appreciate their simple but hooky songs. I've never seen anyone give it up physically in live performance like Angus and he has the scabs on his knees to prove it.

Here's a performance of "Let There Be Rock" from 1977. Enjoy.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:13 pm

Here's a Midnight Special performace of Sin City. Too bad their first lead singer drank himself to death.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:35 am

Well, I don't claim to be an AC/DC fan, but they've done a couple of things that I like.

However, the comedian Jim Breuer does them almost as well as they do themselves. I can't find a video of him doing this piece, but here's a guy lip-synching Jim's take on the band.

mrblanche

Return to Historical Guitar Videos

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts