[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - OK, not historic...

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

OK, not historic...

Show us your favorite videos featuring a great band, a great guitar or simply a great performance

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by mrblanche » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:43 pm

In fact, you might call it futuristic, since most of these are young guitarists. There are some real virtuosos in this group, don't you think?

mrblanche

by VintAxe » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:11 am

VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:54 am

A lot of Ibanez guitars in there. My guitar of choice, too, and a real bargain for some really good equipment, especially used.

As to the tuning, I think there must be a "bed" background available that is behind almost all these players, and if you have that, you would have to be in tune, right?

The piece is "Canon in D" by Pachabel. I think the Trans-Siberian Orchestra brought it to prominence.

mrblanche

by VintAxe » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:02 pm

Yeah, you are probably right, they are probably all sharing the same background track. But what a project to put together.

I think I need to buy a Jem 777.

sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:32 pm

You can get a bunch of them cheap. There was a huge influx of them just over a year ago, counterfeits from China.

I saw four or five JEM's in that montage, in addition to some high-end RG's, a few Jacksons, and even an Ernie Ball.

Of the JEM's, my personal favorite is the floral design.
mrblanche

by VintAxe » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:05 am

I agree, that floral design is great. It reminds me of the wallpaper in my Grandmother's bathroom.

Do you know of any specific tip-offs to help a buyer distinguish the Chinese JEMs from the originals?
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:44 pm

There is a whole list of them, but if you are acquainted with the real thing, it's not hard to pick out a fake.

The copies tend to get the "handle" too large and in the wrong place. One big tip-off for a while was that the "swoosh" on the headstock didn't end at the point of the headstock, as it should. Also, many of them had the same serial number. Anyone who knows guitars can pick out poor quality.

The floral pattern was supposedly copied from some curtains in Steve Vai's grandmother's house, I think.
mrblanche

Return to Historical Guitar Videos

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts