[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Morris "rumbler" guitars

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Morris "rumbler" guitars

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by tannyboy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi There,

im just wondering if anyone knows much about the Morris rumbler series of acoustics.

i.e wood type, pickups used etc.

As im currently looking at a Rumbler 801 as a possible purchase. so would anyone have a ballpark figure of what they retailed for?

cheers
chris
tannyboy

by sneakypete » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:18 am

HI,
found one in a catalog I have...info is in Japanese so my wife translates it to...

solid spruce top
ovankol back and sides...not listed as solid so I think they aren`t.
rosewood board
piezo TC18 p`up
preamp TC2895A, IV, 4EQ
retailed for 80,ooo...thats why the 801 model number. They had the top end MR-1801, MRG-1001, MR-1001 then the 801 finally the MR-601. Can`t find a year on the catalog but they have the model I own...the M-2001...an outstanding guitar by anyone`s standards, all sold wood and if I remember I got mine around the turn of the decade so thats the time frame for the 801 I`m using. I have another Morris...the S-61...they introduced that line a bit later and even though the one I own is not top end it is a great little guitar...their top of that line sell for several thousand dollars. Morris is very well regarded in Japan and they have been in business for decades and had a line of electrics back when.
sneakypete

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts