[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - What's the big deal with Gibson J-160s and J-45s?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

What's the big deal with Gibson J-160s and J-45s?

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by audiodrome » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:52 am

It seems that no matter what guitar store I visit, the only Gibson acoustic guitars I ever see are the J-160 (Beatle model) or the J-45. Currently, they're very trendy. All the young up-and-coming folksingers seem to be playing these guitars. I personally don't see the appeal of them at all, other than the fact that they do sound very nice (as most Gibsons do). I just find them to be very "homely" looking. Give me a nice dreadnaught like a Hummingbird, a Dove or a Southern J-30 anyday. I think they look a lot more "classic" than the ugly "pear-shaped" J-45 or J-160.

No offense to any fans of these guitars, but they're just not my style. I guess I'm just biased because I own a Hummingbird and a J-30, which is easily one of the best playing, best sounding and best looking acoustic guitars I've ever played!

Paul
audiodrome

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts