[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - What Kind of Guitar Do I Have?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

What Kind of Guitar Do I Have?

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by ehuff363 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:49 pm

The only information I have is that the order number (U1 828 32) is from 1957. To me, it looks just like a J45 but it measures 14.5 inches wide which as far as I know isn't consistent with the J45. It's 19 inches long and has 20 frets. Can anyone help me determine which model this is or any other information would be appreciated as well.

More pictures here: http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk22 ... uitar%202/

[/img]
ehuff363

by VintAxe » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey ehuff363.

It looks to me like a 1957 LG-2.

They describe the LG-2 as 14 !/4 inches wide, 19 inches long and 4 1/2 inches deep. It had a 24 3/4 scale with 20 frets.

Don't know about the width discrepancy, maybe like me it's grown a little wider over time :wink:

It's pictured in the 1957 Gibson catalog if you want to look for yourself.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by ehuff363 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:10 pm

ehuff363

by Spud1950 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Nice guitar.More info here.

Here's some for sale,different years.

I guess $3000-$4000 may be in the ballpark,but an expert appraisal is what you need.If you can't find someone locally who can give an expert opinion,I suggest you go to the Gruhn site and do the online appraisal for $50.He is one of the worlds leading experts on vintage guitars and their values.

Spud1950

by ehuff363 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks, Spud.
ehuff363

by ehuff363 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:52 pm

What kind of condition would you say the guitar is in?
ehuff363

by Spud1950 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 pm

It appears to be in very good condition,cosmetically, but to be honest your pictures are far too blurry to see the fine details,so I couldn't really say that as absolute fact,.Beside cosmetics,the guitar also should be inspected for structural condition,which also effects value.Sometimes with old acoustics,inner bracing comes loose,necks need to be re set,bridges start to lift,etc.Like I said,best thing to do is to find a knowledgeable, qualified person to inspect it in person.
Spud1950

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts