[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - I Need Info On My Bently Acoustic

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

I Need Info On My Bently Acoustic

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by cross65 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:05 pm

cross65

by VintAxe » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi cross65.

Bently was a brand name used by St. Louis Music on entry to medium level guitars imported from 1979 to 1998. The overwhelming majority of these instruments were built in Asia (mostly Korea I think), interesting you got one from Romania. In 1998 SLM discontinued the Bently line and replaced it with the Austin line of guitars.

I don't know what model of guitar you have based on the number you have provided, but I can tell you the guitars are not worth much.

Here's an entry level classical that sold for $30

If your guitar is a western model, it's probably valued in the $50-$100 range depending on the quality of the model.
Last edited by VintAxe on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Another thought.

The Hora Musical Instrument Company located in Romania still produces acoustic and electric guitars.

It might be interesting to take a look and see if they currently produce a guitar that looks like yours. Note the prices in Euros. These are generally pretty inexpensive guitars.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by cross65 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Thanks for the info. I don't think any of those are like my Bently. Here are some pics of the guitar and of the tag inside the guitar.

cross65

by VintAxe » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:42 am

Well cross65, you indeed have an unusual Bently.

SLM changed the logo design on their Bently acoustics every few years so I think we can establish a time frame when your Bently was built. The logo style on your guitar was used from 1987-1992.

When I look at my Bently literature from this era, none of the acoustics have a truss rod. Your Bently appears to have a truss rod, at least it has a truss rod cover.

Your guitar is not pictured in any of the literature I own from this era. I certainly don't have catalogs from every year but I have a large enough sample to suggest the relationship between SLM and the Romanian builders didn't last long. It may have been just a one shipment relationship.

I'd say of all the Bently acoustics out in the world, you certainly have a rare one. :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by cross65 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks again for the info. Now I have some history on my guitar !!!
cross65

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts