[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Sears model WG 59 information?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Sears model WG 59 information?

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by C-Rus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

Hello VintAx forums. Ive been trying to find information about this guitar for a couple of weeks now to no avail. I googled, searched guitar forums, asked people in shops, nothing came up. The only identifying information on it is a Sears Logo and a sticker that says "WG 59" on it. The only bit of info I could find is that Sears guitars were commonly labeled as Silvertone guitars in the past. No sears or silvertone searches of wg 59 turn up anything for me.

So I came to you. you have a great forum here and help a lot of people ID their guitars. Does anyone know anything about this? Im assuming it was just a cheap mass produced guitar from around the 70s or 80s, but thats only a guess.

Oh, I bought it at a resale shop for 40 bucks. I dont think I could have made a bad investment. Any information, or information about where to get information is greatly appreciated.

C-Rus

by VintAxe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 am

Hi C-Rus

I think you did ok with a $40 purchase price.

The best source of online Sears/Silvertone instrument information on the web that I know of is the Catalog Library on this site.

I can tell you the WG is a style designation indicating western guitar but I don't have much information beyond that. Good luck with your search, these house brands are difficult to find information on.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts