[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - need help identifying this guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

need help identifying this guitar

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by 2sixone4 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Hello all!

so i was cleaning out my attic and came across this old p.o.s. that had the bridge and pick guard removed, i have no idea why.

i asked my mother about it and i guess it was her husbands and its from the 50's i think.

it has a label on the top that says LUVEL or something like that, no numbers or anything else.

heres a link to a pic.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/ ... ure001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/ ... ure003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/ ... ure002.jpg

i think its one of those no name guitars, sorry for the lack of more info and any kind of help is appreciated. Thank you.
2sixone4

by VintAxe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:27 am

Hi 2sixone4.

Well, your guitar is definitely German built but I don't know for sure who may have built it. I've never heard of LUVEL, so it is probably a smaller workshop or a rebrand of one of the major builders. Framus, Hopf and Hoyer all made guitars in this basic shape. Your model seems to have the most characteristics in common with a Hoyer 20 "Soloist" from around 1959 but your pictures are so dark it is difficult for me to match fine details.

Seeing the tailpiece would really help with the ID.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by 2sixone4 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:43 pm

I went searching for the tailpiece and anything else i could find but no luck at all. not sure if this matters but theres a pin on the side for the tailpiece, as well as screw holes which leads me to think that maybe the style was changed.....? i looked at the hoyers and theyre very very similar but i dont know why it would have a different label on it, i couldnt find any serial numbers or anything. thanks for the help though. sorry about the pics i know theyre bad but so is the finish on it.
2sixone4

by guitarlover » Thu May 06, 2010 12:23 am

I tried to looking on net for its type and name but getting nothing,

May be it is classic guitar.
guitarlover

by viking » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:12 pm

theres a european guitar forum if you join it they can tell what it is. A member l have delt with is called laquercracks and is quite knowledgable
viking

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts