[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - need help finding out what this axe is

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

need help finding out what this axe is

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by captinkill » Mon May 24, 2010 10:17 pm

hi i need help trying to figure out what this guitar is ive taken it in to a L&M here to ge re stringed and he dident know what is was i had a good budy of mine take a look at it and he dident know ether hes never seen one before..... so i would like to find out a little bit bore about it its really old! my grandfrather had it for a wile some one told me it might have been a sears? i have no idea theres no serial numbers and not stickers anywhere so plz help me here are some pics of it and thanks for your help

if u need to c more pics let me kno

captinkill

by Spud1950 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:08 pm

What you've got is referred to,for obvious reasons, is a Cowboy guitar. Can't say who exactly made or sold yours, but these were pretty cheaply constructed, low priced guitars made mostly to appeal to kids. A lot of companies made these. People do collect them. The more elaborate the decoration the more desirable it is as a collectible. Yours is pretty sparse compared to others. Here's a great site dedicated to this type of guitar.They have contact info.Maybe they can give you more specific info about yours.

Spud1950

by doctor Guy » Tue May 31, 2011 1:00 am

I am stumped.This is an older post and I am new here. If you ever find this out please let me know. I collect small Harmonys .
This apears to be a Supertone Gene Autry Roundup by the slotted head
but does not say Gene Autry at the bottom of the lower bout.
All gene Autry roundups supertone and later silvertone with plain head not slotted,had pin bridges and spuce top. Yours has floating bridge and non spruce top maybe birch. Also the top looks newer than the rest of the guitar
]
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz32 ... boy_04.jpg]http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz322/joanp17/Supertone_243_Round_up_Gene_Autry_1936_01
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz32 ... 1306825099
doctor Guy

by viking » Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 pm

do some research into richter ,gretch, del oro , as even martin made cowboy guitars as well as a number of companies from germany and elsewhere.
viking

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts