[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Old Suzuki Clasical Guitars

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Old Suzuki Clasical Guitars

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by danlindsey » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:11 pm

In Japan I see a lot of old Suzuki classical guitars on Yahoo Auction. However, it is very difficult to find any information about most of them.

The ones I am interested in have labels with only Japanese language characters (no English leters).

I bought a No. 10

and discovered it is quite nice with a solid veneer top.

I see a lot of the No30s series; 33, 35 ,37 and others:

I was thinking of buying one of these just to see what it is. Does anyone have one of these or know anything about them?
danlindsey

by sneakypete » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:30 am

sneakypete

by danlindsey » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:26 pm

danlindsey

by sneakypete » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:12 pm

sneakypete

by danlindsey » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:26 pm

danlindsey

by sneakypete » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:58 pm

sneakypete

by sneakypete » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:26 am

well, a bit to add...I said above that I have an old nylon string I paid 21 yen for made by someone whose name people here have a great deal of difficulty reading...I saw a guitar on line that had the same " hand made made in Nagoya " on the label as the one I own, got mine out and asked my wife about the name on the label...she said it also says... something... "junior"...like the 21 yen guitar, so I bid and got it...price was 6500 yen...very expensive compared to the 21 yen model but a bargain as the seller wrote it was at least a solid top...I`m almost 100% certain the other I have is all solid wood based on the many other MIJs I have so we`ll see.
Heres the sellers pic of the label...slightly different from my other but seems to be the same maker...the red hanko on the bottom left hand side is the same my wife says.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/ ... 985639.jpg
sneakypete

by danlindsey » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:58 pm

danlindsey

by sneakypete » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:00 pm

sneakypete

by sneakypete » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:34 am

sneakypete

by opotable » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 pm

fascinating stuff pete. :)
opotable

by devnulljp » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Hmmm, I looked at the label and I see:

The top line says handmade instrument as does the hanko on the left.
The large characters say "Kiso"
The bottom line says Suzuki Violin Co
The hanko on the right just reiterates that in the first two columns (left to right) ... I can't make out the last column (on the left).

Are we looking at the same label?

[/img]
Canada: we put the “u” in satire.
devnulljp

by danlindsey » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 pm

danlindsey

by devnulljp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:52 am

Canada: we put the “u” in satire.
devnulljp

by danlindsey » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:34 pm

danlindsey

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars