[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1941 Harmony All American

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1941 Harmony All American

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by NashvilleFretworks » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:58 pm

I need some advice. I'm putting a collection together of rare old Harmony archtops. I saw this one for sale - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

What do you guys think would be a fair offer to make on it?
NashvilleFretworks

by VintAxe » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:30 am

Well, the highest prices I have ever seen on Harmony archtops would be in the $500 neighborhood. However, these would be Cremona's and Monterey's from the 1960's.

If I recall correctly, the seller had a $1,300 BIN price with no takers. Assuming a potential buyer would be willing to stretch a few hundred dollars for a guitar they really wanted a more realistic price range for the guitar is probably $500-$1,000. I say start a negotiation at whatever price point you are comfortable with within this range and let a conversation develop from there.

The seller certainly has a rare instrument in excellent condition. However, I would remind him that collectors willing to pay big money for a Harmony might be rarer than the guitar :wink:

Good luck, let us know what happens
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Spud1950 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 pm

There's something I'm seeing that would give me some concern if I were thinking about buying that guitar. What I see here are definate signs of some degree of neck separation going on. The neck is pulling away from the body and the fret board overhang shim,which is also cracked.Even the binding is being pulled apart at that point.
Spud1950

by johnnyb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 am

im also seeing in that picture the use of a drywall screw to hold on the pickguard. thats a bit of a turnoff. and a big hole that would be difficult to fix.
johnnyb

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts