[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Which model Suzuki is this?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Which model Suzuki is this?

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by audiodrome » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 am

This Suzuki acoustic guitar was my very first guitar, which I got as a Christmas present in 1971. I've been going through my guitars cataloging them with their full model names and serial numbers but I could not find a name or number anywhere on this guitar. Thanks!

Paul
audiodrome

by audiodrome » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Anyone? I'm having a real hard time finding information on vintage Suzuki acoustics. There are some websites out there with a little information and I've seen a couple of Suzuki models that were close to mine but not exact. Are there any Suzuki catalogs out there from the late '60s/early '70s?
Paul
audiodrome

by PickerAUS » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:06 pm

PickerAUS

by darrinc » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 pm

I have a similar guitar and it appears to be the Suzuki No. 6 or No. 7.
It might be a similar model but from the pictures it looks to be one of these model numbers.

Check out this gallery and compare the similarities. The finish is slightly different.
http://nagoyasuzukiacoustic.blogspot.co ... front.html
darrinc

by PickerAUS » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 pm

There's a clue. Could be. There are similarities. I'm pretty sure audiodrome's is a 3/4 version judging by the scale in the photos and most manufacturers don't bother with too much bling on these. If yours is a #6 or #7, then this should be a #5 or less.
I have a 60's Sanchez 'short scale length' (read 3/4) which is plain as day but has fully intoned bone bridge and hand filed frets. Plays great!
I'd like to see other manufacturers build 3/4 guitars with much more playability. It stinks trying to find a decent 3/4 for a budding student :evil: and most of the time you spend just as much or more than a full sized version, putting them into playing condition for smaller hands!
Sorry for the rant.....
PickerAUS

by audiodrome » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Paul
audiodrome

by sneakypete » Tue May 03, 2011 7:15 am

well, you know the model number but not quite as easy to pin point a year. I know when some of my old Suzukis were made because they are dated on the labels...oldest are 1948 and 1950...then I have a few others that can`t be dated precisely. I do see them with labels like yours on line in Japan and sellers say they`re from the 1960s.
sneakypete

by sneakypete » Wed May 04, 2011 6:43 am

there are a few Suzuki labels at that provided link but I`ve seen probably somewhere between 10 and 15 different types of Suzuki labels over the years here in Japan, they didn`t make it easy to get reliable info on the models and years when they aren`t marked.
sneakypete

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts