[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - what epiphone (Made in kalamazoo, MI) model is this?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

what epiphone (Made in kalamazoo, MI) model is this?

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by tman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello All,

I've just picked up this epiphone, but can't find any information on it. based on the the sticker (what's left of it) i believed it made at Kalamazoo MI, from 1958 - 1969. I've looked at all the pictures of the FT series (that I heard off) from the same era and can't find any that look like it. I'm hoping experts here can help.

The sticker inside the sound hole is partially missing, however, from what remain of it, the model number is (or start with) 683 and the serial number is (or start with) 10265. There are no prefix like (FT) or anything and no style. This guitar has a gibson head stock with abalone block inlay on the fret board. It's a bolt on neck and has an adjustable bridge tuners are old style fancy looking (like gibson) and there's no pickguard. the neck block is different from any that I've seen before. The top is spruce and the back and side looked like mahogany or rosewood. Please help with any information about this model
Below are some pics
Thanks
Tman

tman

by Spud1950 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry if this disappoints,but your Epiphone is not American made. As soon as I saw it, it said Asian made to me. You won't find it in any 50's or 60's catalog. I found it the 1971 catalog,which is just around the time when Epiphones were starting to be made by Matsumoku in Japan after U.S. production ceased in 1969.It is missing the last digit of the model number on the torn label.It's a model 6832. As for the "Epiphone,Kalamazoo", I read about this. It does confuse people. They continued to put this on the Japanese made guitars.It's kind of misleading,but it's really only indicating that the Epiphone headquarters were located there at the time,not that it was made in the US.
Spud1950

by tman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:22 am

tman

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts