[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - An Acoustic Guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

An Acoustic Guitar

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Relevent Oddity » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:40 pm

So I recently inherited an Acoustic Guitar from my uncle. It originally belong to my Great Grandfather, and I was told it came from Guam, or Hawaii while he was Stationed there back in the 50's.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to figure out who the manufacturer is for this guitar, I really don't care what the price is I plan to keep it until the turns to dust.

I was getting ready to give it some TLC and got interested in what it is? Because it really is a beat up old boy.

Body. It appears to be missing a pick guard.
Serial Number
Bridge
Headstock
*Reads Steel Reinforced Neck*
Relevent Oddity

by VintAxe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey Relevent Oddity.

Does your guitar have double dots at the 5th, 9th and 12th frets?
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Spud1950 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:14 pm

"Steel Reinforced Neck" on a music stand logo means it's a Kay made guitar.
Spud1950

by VintAxe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm with you spud, I'm just trying to figure out the model. The headstock shape was used from 1957-59. The only literature we have is from 1959. Do you think it is a 1959 K-3500?
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Relevent Oddity » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Single Dots on 5th 7th 9th 12th

I also want you guys to know, I just got back from playing my banjo, and you guys are awesome!
Relevent Oddity

by VintAxe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:23 am

Hey Relevent Oddity.

Sorry I can not ID the model, but spud is right, your guitar is a Kay. There is just a bit of a gap in my late 50's Kay literature. I can tell you your guitar is a student grade budget model that probably retailed for $25 back in the day. It has no collector value, but it obviously has plenty of sentimental value to you. Love it for that :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Relevent Oddity » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:59 pm

That's awesome!

Thank you! I really love this guitar, and it means a lot to me.

Thanks again!
Relevent Oddity

by auriemma » Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Sorry I'm late to the party but...

It could be a Kay K-6100 "Country" guitar from the 50's
--- Joe ---
Still strummin' after all these years
auriemma

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts