[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Univox Grand Auditorium?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Univox Grand Auditorium?

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by spirithawk » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Ok, here's the deal. I have a Univox Grand Auditorium that I bought in late 67 or very early 68. This has to be one of the very first Univox's to bear the name. I know at first glance this looks like the Grand Auditorium Western model....but it's not! Here are the differances. First, the body, neck, sides and back are all flamed Maple and no not laminate. The flame shows on the inside grain. The Western had Mahogany back and sides. Next, I've seen the Western and mine has a much nicer over all fit and finish. The inlaid Univox logo is differant on mine and the inlay design on the head much fancier. Here's another clincher it's not the same guitar. Mine has 20 frets and the Western has 21. Also the design around the sound hole, though very similar, is definitely differant. Mine also has clear dust covers over the tuning gears. Lastly, I was told the Western didn't come out untill the early 70's so mine preceeds the Western by at least two or more years. The only number on the guitar is inside below and to the right of the trussrod 33 506. I remember seeing only one other like mine back in 68 and it was on sale in a music store for $364.00 which was a Princely sum back then. This is a very very well made guitar. I bought mine used, but like new, from a pawn shop. Any info on this guitar would be greatly apreciated. This guitar is one of my most prized posetions. It still looks good for having been played most every day for 40 + years. Sounds as good as it looks too. :)

spirithawk

by guitarist09 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Beautiful guitar! I love the color!:D
guitarist09

by spirithawk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:27 pm

spirithawk

by spirithawk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:43 pm

spirithawk

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts