The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help finding Decca Guitar Info

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Speedy77 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Hey there!
I'm somewhat new to the whole vintage guitar scene, but I was lucky enough to find an old 60's/70's Decca guitar at a flea market for $15. The guitar itself was in pretty rough shape, with a broken tuning head and it's fair share of body warping and nicks. Luckily it's nothing that doesn't appear fixable. It's also missing the bridge, which I will be replacing. I'm doing a lot of work on it to not only update it's look, but also restore it to its former glory. I have a love for this guitar and I have been looking all over for info on it, but unfortunately I can only find articles of people selling them. I was wondering if anybody had more info about the guitar. The model is a Decca DM1 207, and I have a picture of it posted here http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 9119_n.jpg . Any info at all on it would be really helpful like the year it was produced or something like that. I would love to learn more about the guitar I'm working on not only for my sake, but so I can provide others with the information if they ever see it. All the info I have on it is provided by it's sound hole sticker; that it's from Japanese import company based in New York. I totally understand that this is a long shot any maybe nobody knows anything about it, but I figured this would be the place to ask! Thanks again for being such an amazingly dedicated vintage guitar community, I'm glad I found out about this forum!
Speedy77

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts