[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Profile Acoustic Guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Profile Acoustic Guitar

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by hammertime43 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:53 pm

has anyone heard of profile guitars..or a site where i could get info? Here is a picture. tks dave

dave
hammertime43

by jedistar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:11 am

There are reviews for 'electric' PROFILE guitars but not accoustic at harmony central.
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... nd/Profile

Same question has been asked at Guitarsite.com - there is a claim that Profile is a low end Kaman/Ovation brand (about electrics again)
http://www.guitarsite.com/discussion/me ... 9175.shtml

and
Profile guitars were made between the mid 80's and late 80's in Japan. According to the Guru's Guitar Guide they were a quality copy of Fenders and Gibsons
per:
http://www.guitarsite.com/discussion/me ... 1181.shtml

and
"Profile Guitars

In the 70's an Australian guitar shop sent some authentic fenders to a company in Japan to make exact replicas. What they send back were guitars that were as good as any fender on the market for about 1/2 the price. They called them "Profiles" because the headstock profile was copied exactly. Now unfortunately towards the end of their production alot of the models were made using ply bodies and bad quality components.

Courtesy guitargear.net.au "

This site has a Profile guitar page and inlcudes an accoustic with an Epiphone label on scratch plate - might be an error - site is a bit flaky.
http://listed.guitars-for-sale.info/Profile/

its a start!
regards
www.jedistar.com
jedistar

by kallsund » Fri May 08, 2009 2:48 am

Hi.
I have a Profile Black Magic that was given to me as a "bonus" when I sold a guitar. Its a "carbon copy" of a Fender Strat. The body and neck are very well made. I have a USA Fender Highway one as well and the Profile is on the same quality level, I believe, when it comes to body and neck. The hardware is maybe a little lower grade but not bad (some may also have been replaced by previous owners). I have also myself done some "modding" with a new bridge and scratchplate/pickups, and my son has it hanging on the wall in his room. Ill post a picture of it if I get around to it.

BR
Karl
kallsund

by kallsund » Fri May 08, 2009 2:51 am

Oops forgot. Dave, thats a fantastic looking accoustic. Does it sound as good as it looks?

BR
Karl
kallsund

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts