[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Can anyone help me identify this guitar?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Can anyone help me identify this guitar?

Post all questions concerning your Acoustic Guitar here

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Per G » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:18 pm

Hello friends!
I am completely new to this forum and I would like to ask you a favour.
Is there anyone who have any information about this guitar?
It is an arctop made of mahogany (plywood top and back) Mahogany neck and a fretboard of what seems to be walnut.
The remaining glue on the headstock shows a logo that says BOSTON.
The serial number at the back of the headstock is U0208.
Does anyone know anything about this guitar??
Plays really well after I have cleaned the fretboard and mounted new strings. ( I added a pickguard and completed the fretboard markers so now it's a real beauty.)
I guess the guitar is made in the 1950:s based on the previous owners history. But he didn't have any other information .
Best regards / Per G - Robertsfors - SWEDEN
Per G

by frankpaush » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:43 am

nice look. on first sight I would put it into 70s range by intuition (middle neck stripe, wood choice, head form, tuner gears) rather than 50s.

is it missing the coating or is it originally satin/plain?
frankpaush

by Per G » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:41 am

This is the original coating.
I think this is strange that nobody seems to know what guitar this is.
Especially if it should be younger than I think it is.
Per G

by Bob R » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi: I have dozens of vintage guitars and my guess is 40's -50's because of the machine heads. People in the 70's just did not use slotted screws or those types of gears. Possibly a small guitar builder from Boston or Home builder ...nice job, nice guitar ..... try an old 50's or 60's DeArmond pickup on it and I bet you it will make a killer Blues Guitar !!! Bob
Treat others as you would like to be treated !!!
Bob R

by sneakypete » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:53 pm

some of my early 60s Yamaha Dynamics have slotted screws on the tuners, and I`ve seen that type of guitar made by Suzuki, Nardan and others over here...and the tuners on yours are exceptionally clean, one bent post but I see that a lot.
Problem with old MIJs is...there were literally dozens of brands at one time, not sure there were that many factories making them but I see a lot of brand names on line, I saved many pics of brand names just for my own reference but this is the first time I see the Boston brand. None of my old MIJ acoustics have a marker on the third fret either. Looks cool.
sneakypete

Return to Vintage Acoustic Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts