[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Rare 1962 Burns Vista sonic bass guitar in green

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Rare 1962 Burns Vista sonic bass guitar in green

List guitars and other musical equipment you would like to sell or trade. If your item is currently listed in an Auction, please post in the Online Auction section above.

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Tobyclassic » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:19 am

Hi there,

I have decided to sell this extremely rare Burns Vista Sonic guitar in green which i have reliably informed was manufactured in early 1962 and could be the only one in existence, i have been told that this colour was not manufactured as standard, the reason for this is either that it was a special order for a customer or it could have been a test colour so that Burns could work out which to market.
i have managed to aquire this information after contacting Burns historians in the UK, The Netherlands and Sweden and believe it to be correct.
The condition of this guitar, as you can see from the pictures, is used and for those in the know is missing a few parts, these are the upper part of the stringdamper, the bridge cover and two aluminium control knobs, these control knobs i believe can be sourced as repro items.
There is also some of the green finish missing and there is a wear spot on the scratch plate, these all add character in my opinion, it would look like some sort of copy if it was in mint condition.
This Guitar has four sound settings on one of the knobs, these are Wild dog,Treble, Bass and Contra Bass and from what i can remember the only one that works at this time is the Wild dog setting, it appears that there has been some electrical work done by someone so this may need some more work.
Anyway any questions then i'll try to help but you know about as much as i do now :)
As for shipping this will need to be finalised after the sale and will be at the customers expense. I plan to use a wooden box to protect it but as you can imaging this will fairly expensive to ship especially if this sells outside the UK.

I am looking for around £1000 or nearest offers on this rare item and if you would like to contact me to discuss a possible sale the please email me at tobyclassic2003@hotmail.com

Many thanks for reading

Toby

ImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
~~ Viva la conspiracy theory ~~
Tobyclassic

by Tobyclassic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 pm

This bass is currently on ebay starting at £799 item number 180290351726, all sensible offers will be considered.
Thanks again
Toby
~~ Viva la conspiracy theory ~~
Tobyclassic

Return to Guitars and Gear For Sale or Trade

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts