The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

FS/FT: Kay Fuzz-Tone Pedal

List guitars and other musical equipment you would like to sell or trade. If your item is currently listed in an Auction, please post in the Online Auction section above.

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by auriemma » Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Kay Fuzz-Tone Pedal - $400

I hate using words like; RARE; VINTAGE; HARD-TO-FIND. But this one fits the bill.

This Kay Fuzz Tone is in great shape considering its age (made late 1960s to early 1970s). The housing is solid, chip and crack free. The pedal works smoothly. It still has its rubber base, though the rubber is cracking at the corners and the Kay logo on the treadle is gone. I am the original owner, I purchased it in the late 1970's. It has been in storage for the last 20+ years and has never been gigged. I am selling it because I simply don't use it. It has been cleaned and functions as it should. Please see the pics below.

Excerpt from guitarplayer.com 1/2000
"The Kay looks so cheap it's hard to take seriously, but this orange plastic pedal produces wet, flatulent fuzz and does the Octavia thing very nicely when the pedal is maxed. The pedal controls tone only; to bypass the effect, you must reach down and flick a little switch. Very Hendrixy and cool for chords, the Kay sounds like a combination of Octavia and Fuzz Face -- a lot of textures for virtually no controls."

The Kay Fuzz Tone was used also in the U2 song "Elevation" and the song "Orange Kay" for the soundtrack from Sling Blade.

Requires (1) 9V battery (included)

I accept PayPal. Buyer pays actual shipping cost.
I will consider trade offers of similar value, but does not have to be an stomp box.
--- Joe ---
Still strummin' after all these years
auriemma

by auriemma » Mon May 18, 2009 2:04 pm

SOLD!
--- Joe ---
Still strummin' after all these years
auriemma

Return to Guitars and Gear For Sale or Trade

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts