The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1965 Vox Super Ace- UK

List guitars and other musical equipment you would like to sell or trade. If your item is currently listed in an Auction, please post in the Online Auction section above.

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Mgeek » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:43 am

Hey All- thinning out the collection to free up some cash for new projects etc.

I've got a 1965 Vox Super Ace in white that I'm up for parting with, made in Dartford, Kent.

Good points? It plays and sounds terrific. The pickups are absolutely killer-everything you'd want tonewise from a vintage strat type guitar, the neck is slim and comfortable with no buzz and a good action- and you don't often see these in white- much more usual to see them in sunburst, red or blue.

Things to note

*refret- which is good as the original skinny frets were useless and very prone to lifting

*replacement kluson alike tuners- originals included, but again- the originals really let down the guitar, being cheapo six on a strip type things

*trem arm long gone

*Vox decal gone- as nearly always happens with these

I'm looking for something around the £300 mark- which is less than a couple of dreamers on ebay are asking at the moment - or trades. I'm interested in Fenton Weill/Burns other Voxes, some Watkins- or just surprise me- and I'm happiest when there is some work involved.

http://cgi.ebay.com/60s-VOX-SUPER-ACE-G ... 3effe2a706 http://cgi.ebay.com/60s-VOX-SUPER-ACE-m ... 1c128e6318

but more than the 'pickups missing, fretwork required' projects that occasionally pass through!

Mgeek

Return to Guitars and Gear For Sale or Trade

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts