The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

The "Put Michael Through College" Sale.

List guitars and other musical equipment you would like to sell or trade. If your item is currently listed in an Auction, please post in the Online Auction section above.

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Michael Ambrose » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Simply put, I need cash for tuition, a new laptop, and art supplies... and I need it within a week-and-a-half.

Why I ever thought it would be a good idea to go back to college on a working musician's income is beyond me!

These are some of my favorite custom builds. I've been sitting on them forever, and I hardly ever play them. Its just time to let them go.

Make me an offer.

MANelectro. Late 50's Danelectro U1, gutted (before I got it), covered with "western brown" tolex, white vinyl binding studded with upholstery tacks. Late 90's "Yesteryear" Aged Alnico pickup. Period-correct electronics (CTS w/Molded cap). Custom translucent faux-tortoise PG (included but not yet attached).

Late 50's Kay Speed Demon. Gold hardware. Artec P90s. Custom wiring w/ rotary selector (N-NM-M-MB-B). No adjustable trussrod, but neck is straight and beefy as all holy hell.

"Kalamo" Early 60's Kay Speed Demon body w/ original electronics, same era Alamo Titan neck, Eastwood Hi-Flyer pickup. Custom bone nut and rosewood bridge. Supro/Valco Tail. MEAN ASS BASS.

Gutbucket Hank. Early 60's Silvertone/Harmony H609 Parlor-size acoustic with a late 40's/Early 50's Gibson P-13 pickup. This pickup and ring combination was originally found on the top-of-the-line Harmony archtops in the early/mid 50's. Someone must have just slapped it on in there. Signal was intermittent, so I had it rewound by Lindy Fralin. Sounds absolutely amazing. Original bridge was a broken "pin-less" piece. Broke off the remainder of the broken area and installed a Dobro-style tail. Frets filed and dressed. Solid player.

1998 (First-Year) Danelectro U2 Deluxe. They didn't make these (Seafoam with the matching neck, that is) for very long. Original Korean run. Yesteryear (upgraded) pickups.

Late 50's Harmony Reso-Tone Tenor banjo. Still in great shape despite discoloration on the skin. Still has the original hang-tag and chipboard case. Bakelite resonator.

Michael Ambrose

Return to Guitars and Gear For Sale or Trade

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts