[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Hi im new herre with a sick Guitar!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hi im new herre with a sick Guitar!

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by rpp1973 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi im Rob
I have just been given a giutar that is in need of a little repair and tlc.
I have only had it 2 days and im strugling to find out much information about it. its allerady like a old friend and i want to do right by it.

all i know is what is on the lable

the lable under the left F hole reads

The New Zenith De luxe
Model Standard " 21 "

Serial no 1569 / 78507 last digit looks like a 7
has been tested and approved by Ivor Mairants
sol distributors Boosey & Hawkes Ltd London

the pickup has Hofner engraved on the face.

It needs the neck re glueing to make it playable.
anyone know anything about them ?

thanks Rob.
rpp1973

by opotable » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:01 am

hi rob. looks like FRAMUS to me, not quite the same as this one:
http://www.framus-vintage.de/modules/mo ... 4628&cl=EN
opotable

by VintAxe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi rpp1973.

I agree with opotable that your guitar is most likely built by Framus.

Framus named many of it's models "de Luxe". I'm wondering if the difference between the Zenith opotable found on the Framus website and your Zenith De luxe are the full fretboard inlays seen on your guitar.

I have a 1956 Framus catalog in the catalog library and most of the archtop guitars pictured have the full fret inlays. One difference is that most the guitars pictured have 4 inlays while yours has 5.

Your serial number is also consistant with a Framus numbering system if the last digit you believe is a 7 is actually a capital letter.

Interesting guitar and well worth restoring. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by rpp1973 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:01 am

rpp1973

by opotable » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:54 pm

opotable

by rpp1973 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Thanks for that opotable.

Im happy that i have a better understanding on the history of the guitar. Now started playing it for the first time . Trying to teach myself with online tutorials and books.

at school many years ago i played the violin for over 6 years so i have a bit of music rythum .

happy christmass all
rob
rpp1973

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts