[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Hi from the UK

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hi from the UK

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Wanderer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi to all.

I hope this is of interest to you.

I was clearing out my old wardrobe round mums the other day and found my old guitar that I'd forgot about.

It's a strange style and I recall years ago not being able to find out much about it.

It's a Wandre and I think the model is a Spazial but I'm hoping someone can confirm this and give me a bit more of the story please?

I bought it from a pal in 1968 and he had purchased it (from new I believe) in Plymouth UK in the early 60's.

I recall it had a lovely tone but was a bugger to keep in tune.

It's been knocked about around the edges but all the bits and pieces are there.

I've had a look on the net and it seems they are a recognised make and probably worth a bit (I hope?).

Can anyone tell me anymore about it and roughly what the price should be?

It's wasted on me so I'd rather sell it someone who'll appreciate it.

Also where's the best place to sell it to an enthusiast or a decent dealer?

I've posted some photo's and have many more high res ones if anyone is interested.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... TheBag.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... PegsUp.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... /Top02.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... /Heads.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... /Frets.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... GigBag.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... gsDown.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... hplate.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... tchoff.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... Bridge.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... ckSide.jpg

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you

Regards
Wanderer
Wanderer

by VintAxe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi Wanderer,

Your guitar is a Spazial and is certainly a collectible instrument. In the U.K., Wandre guitars were imported by Jennings Musical Industries Ltd.

Here are a couple of websites that discuss Wandre guitars:

Price is difficult to estimate since Wandre instruments don't sell that frequently. My guess is you can sell yours for at least between $3,000-$4,000 USD. It might fetch even more in a well advertised international auction. There are a lot of guitar collectors that find Wandre instruments very appealing; I lusted after one for awhile. Unfortunately, like you say, they can be a bugger to play.

Still, I wish I had one sitting in my wardrobe. :shock:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Wanderer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Many thanks for the info, but I've got more than I bargained for here.

There's obviously e-bay but what's the best place that attracts genuine collectors?

I never thought much of it as I was fixated with Hendrix and Clapton with Strats.

My pal Sandy who bought it in the first place was into the Shadows and probably lusted after Hanks axe.

All it's life it's been misunderstood and now I feel guilty, I can see me keeping it.

Funny old world isn't it?
Wanderer
Wanderer

by opotable » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 pm

interesting item indeed. by the sounds of it worth bit more than you reckoned. 8)
opotable

by simonm » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:38 pm

funny old world indeed!

my god - I nearly died when I saw this! As VA says, super-rare and in good condition, and I would add probably say one of the more desirable models, and with the original case too. I don't think I've seen a Spazial with a tremolo arm before.

I think Ebay would an easy place to sell it, but new sellers with no positive feedback and very valuable items are often viewed with suspicion, so you wouldn't get 'top dollar'.

They do have a for sale section on fetishguitars sometimes - it might be worth contacting them - I'm sure they would love to host your photos, and all together on one page with a big 'for sale' at the top they would be sure to generate a lot of interest!

While you're on the site, check out my one (I've been thinking about selling it too, to be honest...)

:wink:
simonm

by Wanderer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi Opotable and Simonm

Thanks for the comments.

I'll have to sit down and take a look at what I've got here. It's taken me by surprise I can tell you.

Simon, is that your red Tri-lam and has it got an inbuilt amp, the guy was an inovator that's for sure?

I've fired an e-mail and the photo links over to Jack at Fetishguitars so we'll see what they have to say?

If you're thinking of selling as well please let me know how to go about approaching the guys at Fetishguitars so I don't say something to insult them.

I started by looking for "Davoli", which was the only name I could read on the pickups.

The only other name on the guitar was "Mod. Korak", cast into the bridge plate.

It wasn't until the net returned a couple of hits that I realised the other word was Wandre.

I've also contacted a couple of Vintage traders that cropped up while I was searching for info on the net.

One of the dealers is Music Ground and they are selling a Wandre Davoli base on e-bay for £1399, which looks like a good parther for mine.

Another American dealer offered me £600, by return, so I thought ity must be worth something.

Problem is, even though I can't play I'm getting drawn into the web now because it's all so bloody interesting.

I can see me ending up buying more rather than selling.

As I said, funny old world

Best wishes
Wanderer
Wanderer

by simonm » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi

I was lucky to get mine on ebay for £250, it was described as a Davoli, and it was before Fetishguitars was set up I think, so not much info around. I recognised it from photos in a book called 'Bizarre Guitars'. It's not one of the built-in amp ones, but they do exist.

Jack Marchal is a good guy. He's French but speaks English, Stefano Aria is the main guy, Italian, but I don't think he speaks so much English. I think if you just asked if they would put the pics up, with your contact details they would, and add it to the 'latest entries' list on the right side of the home page .

Wandre Pioli was an innovator for sure, but eccentric and not so good at business.

I think 'Karak' might be one of the model names? but it's all a bit hazy as model names were not published and/or overlap...

Music Ground have a reputation for being very expensive, do some searches on their name and see what you find. I wouldn't recommend them, but haven't had any dealings with them personally, except when they tried to sell me a bridge for £100 10 yrs ago (I didn't take them up on their offer). Did the American collector have the initials JH by any chance?

There's a guy who's been working on a book for several years, with photos of my one in it. I've lost his details, but I was going to wait until the book came out to sell. I don't think values are rising much, particularly in the current economic climate, but I do think it'll hold it's value, so I'm undecided.
simonm

by simonm » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:38 pm

simonm

by Wanderer » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Wanderer
Wanderer

by opotable » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:42 pm

opotable

by simonm » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:43 am

simonm

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts