[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Lap Steel teachers in Canada

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Lap Steel teachers in Canada

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by albertadude » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:08 am

Being a newbie i am all over this great site, and the info on here is awesome.

Now to the point of my post, when i was a kid my dad was a pedal steel guitar teacher here in Edmonton a life time ago. When he passed this year he left me with one of his lap steels guitars. when i got home after everything i had a look on youtube and got the shock of my life.

The kinda music you guys are playing on lap steels and pedal steel guitars is out of the world and my hats are off to you all, needless to say it sparked a new love for steel guitar.

The problem is finding a teacher for lessons, the teacher i have now is awesome as far as learning to read music, but he has admitted he is not a steel guitar player so this is all kinda new to him.
But because i work out of town so much i would like to find a teacher here in Edmonton, Alberta Canada that is willing to give private lesson.

If anyone hears of such a person(s) please let me know....

Thank You

Brent

Merry Xmas all
albertadude

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts