The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Value of my Guild

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Timmark7 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:40 am

Hello from Colorado.
My name is Mike and I live in beautiful Colorado. I found this forum when I was researching the value of my Guild guitar.
I taught myself to play guitar when I was eleven years old back in the early 60's. I started my first band at 12 and played in my last band at 16. Actually my last band was a country western band that I played bass for when I was in college, but I don't really count that.
My first electric guitar was a '63 cream yellow Fender Esquire. My last electric guitar was a '65 white Fender Mustang. I wish now I would have kept them, but I was just a kid, and didn't know any better.
Any how, if anyone can help me in my quest to find out the value of my Guild, I sure would appreciate it. I think it was made in 1984, but not sure. The label on the inside says the model is a D-66 NT. The serial number is KD 100051. There is a type written line on the label that says it was co-designed by George Gruhn. I have been to the Guild Guitar website and have found information on the D-66, but not have not found corresponding serial numbers. And what does the NT stand for? I paid $300.00 for the guitar about ten years ago. It is in excellant condition.
So, please, if anybody can help me, thanks in advance. I look forward to spending a lot of time on this forum.

Mike.
Timmark7

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts