[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - HELLO!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

HELLO!

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Heit Conrad, MD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Hello, fellow guitaraholics! I'm a psychedelic guitarist who, as a child, was warped by the music of the '60s. I've been a lover of all things Heit Deluxe since buying a 4-pickup job in 1980 for $25 because of its amazing neck. (I had it converted to an electric sitar, but we digress...) Now I have fallen for Conrads as well. Honestly, I am just in love with guitars and music in general, and I'm full of G.A.S.... anyone got a Rolaids? :shock: I've got an Egmund made of plastic (sounds amazing, believe it or not), and a St George 12-string that I can honestly say is not a knock-off of any guitar on Earth. My main guitar for 25 years is probably among ESP's first whole guitars, a 1983 strat clone made for the Daddy's Junky Music chain. I also made a great guitar from teak back in '86, but that's not a vintage guitar, so we'll speak no more of it. Anyway, glad to be part of this site. Aloha!
"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to." -- Jimi Hendrix
Heit Conrad, MD

by Michael Ambrose » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Welcome aboard, Doctor Conrad! Sounds like you've got a nice collection there...

Post up some pics when you can... and please tell us more about the St George! Is it US or Japanese?

I can tell you right now there are a few Paul Barth/Bartell fanatics here that would love to take a gander at 'er!
Michael Ambrose

by VintAxe » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 pm

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Heit Conrad, MD » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:52 pm

I realize it's been a week and I still have no pics of the improbably shaped St George 12. :oops:

I'll make it happen, but my general clumsiness with all manner of digital things may slow the process.
"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to." -- Jimi Hendrix
Heit Conrad, MD

by VintAxe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:50 am

Heit Conrad, MD has sent along a few pictures of his St. George Electric 12 string. The pickups, chrome switch plate, knobs and German carve around the body reminds me of mid-late 60's Greco Solidbodies. I checked my catalogs and it's not to be found but I'm wondering if it is a Greco branded St. George. That 5 bolt neckplate has been discussed here before but I can't recall what builder it is associated with. Does anyone remember that discussion?

VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts