[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Greetings

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Greetings

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by TheRealRomulans » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:16 am

Hi all,

I've just joined and I'm saying hello to everyone here. I'm not really a collector but I own and used vintage equipment in my bands both onstage and for recording. I've sold much of my gear over the years, but here's some of the stuff I owned / own:

Vox Starstream 6 String, Red w/ double checked binding
Vox Cheetah 6 String, Sunburst
ECO accoustic/electric 12 String, Red, Violin shaped w. 2 f holes
Microfrets 6 String with single f hole (original 1967)
Fender Jazzmaster, 1964

Fender Twin Reverb, 1970's with master volume, 125 Watts
Danelectro 10 watt "piggy back" amplifier
Vox Lead 125 amplifier with original Vox Soveriegn 4 x 12" Cabinet
Vox Pacemaker, tube version, 15 Watt, single 10" speaker

Echoplex solid state tape delay
various fuzz boxes, distortion, compressors, phase shifters, etc.

Currently I'm down to only my Vox equipment, and the effects boxes.

I'm selling all my 110 Volt equipment which will be listed in the For Sale section here first, before being offered elsewhere.

Oh, one of my old bands is on . :-)
TheRealRomulans

by TheRealRomulans » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:28 am

By the way, my name is Kevin.

All the best, everyone!
TheRealRomulans

by Michael Ambrose » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:53 am

Welcome aboard, Kevin!

I love old Vox stuff... I've worked with a ton of it in the past. Never owned, but I've had a lot in my repair shop.

I don't really care what the consensus is... out of the box they may not be so hot, but with a little finessing they're some solid players. I'm repairing/upgrading an old Vox Tornado for a friend of mine... tuners, nut, bridge, wiring harness... its a solid little guitar!

And I've always had a soft spot for Microfrets... partly because I love being a local yokel (hence my Dano obsession), but mostly because they were SOLID guitars... why they never caught on, I'll never know. I mean, pitch-perfection, one of the best vibratos I've ever played, and sporting either DeArmonds (my favorites!) or custom pickups designed and built by Bill Lawrence? How could that NOT catch on?? haha...

Anyhoo... once again... welcome!
Michael Ambrose

by cheepaxes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:53 am

Welcome Kevin,

Nice gear collection. :) I've used/owned some of that stuff. The only Vox product I've ever owned is a reissue Tone Bender.

I've also long wanted a Microfrets guitar, also because they were local-ish to me. I'm in the Washington DC area and they were in Frederick, MD (IIRC). ...Which makes me wonder how a Jersey guy like Michael considers them local. Michael? :)

Again, welcome,

-Scott
cheepaxes

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:16 am

Michael Ambrose

by cheepaxes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:21 pm

cheepaxes

by TheRealRomulans » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:24 am

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

I only have the Vox stuff left. My Dan Electro amp and MicroFrets guitar were stolen in a burglary in Minneapolis back 1993. Never recovered.

I sold the Fender Twin Reverb and EKO 12 string for a really low amount to pay rent back in the day.

I only kept my Vox Starstream and Vox Cheetah, and my Vox Lead 125 and Vox Pacemaker. So the collection is nearly gone. I have a couple of pictures, some old, some new, of some of the stuff.

Here you can see the amps and the Echoplex :-)
Vox Cheetah

My Microfrets and EKO 12 string on stage at the same time. The Vox bass belonged to the bass player. You can see my Fender Twin Reverb behind me.
TheRealRomulans

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts