The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hi and this is me ....

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by steve2505 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:33 am

Hi

I'm 55 and never had the money to buy a guitar when young and that has always bugged me so I started learning an buying 2-3 years ago. I now have a fair collection of guitars, about 12 in all.

I started looking at buying a Zemaitis and that led me to Trussart and Trussart led me to Vline. Vline being made by a guy called Vincent Berton, who originally worked in the same shop as James but sadly commmitted suicide at a very young age.

I have one vline (there are only about 20 ever made) and 3 trussarts, one dating back to the 1990's when he was in Paris. The Vline is my avatar, a gold and silver sword.

I will get shot for saying this but the French Luthiers have it for me - although I do own an Australian built Cassarossa twin neck which is just a rock animal :twisted:

I love guitars, I love playing them and I love looking at them ... better than women as you can take them down and fondle them when you want and they don't nag when you don't have the time to pay them attention. They age gracefully and are always available. It would be nice if they cost less too but ....

Steve
steve2505

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts