The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

About the catalogs...

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Chip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Hello My Freinds!

I kinda’, sorta’ don’t belong here. I’m actually a Bluegrass bass player. But what’s happened is that a friend has brought me this old lap steel and he wants me to figure out what it is. So here I am.

I think I’ve figured out that it’s a 1948 Supro, [possible model name ‘Comet’?]. It has a little amp with it that appears to be of the same vintage as the instrument, possibly a National/Valco/Supro 1606. There are no markings whatever on the amp but the tube compliment matches a 1606.

So anyhow, here’s the question; this site lists a 1948 Supro ‘Full Line’ catalog. If I spring for the 10 bucks, will I be able to download and/or print it? This isn’t a trick. I’d be more that willing to be restricted to just that one catalog… Hope to hear.

Chip
Chip

by VintAxe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi Chip.

Thanks for joining.

Downloading or printing images from the Catalog Library is expressly prohibited in the subscriber agreement. We provide information, but storing it on your hard drive is not allowed.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Chip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 pm

I understand... Is there any way I could order up a printed copy?

Chip
Chip

by VintAxe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Sorry, but it's just more trouble than it's worth. By the time I make copies, print them in color, go to the post office and pay for shipping, the cost becomes prohibitive.

just subscribe and learn what you want to learn :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts