[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Yet another new member!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Yet another new member!

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Soundfarmer Pete » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:24 am

Greetings all,
I was trying to research an old Aristone guitar that I was doing a pickup rewind on and stumbled across this forum - with the wealth of knowledge here, I had to join even though my field is slightly different - I make electric mandolins based on classic guitars and also make and repair pickups (oh no, I can feel a teardrop Vox mando coming on)!!

My first guitar was a Rosetti acoustic - a nasty thing but aged 6, I didn`t know any better and it was more like a double bass (I`m not sure if 3/4, 1/2 etc. existed then but if they did, then my dad didn`t know about it).
Fast forward three years and I spend my birthday money on an Egmond pickup and figure out where the wires should be poked into the chassis of our radiogram with matchsticks!!!

My first solid electric was a red Vox single cutaway - not sure what sort but it vaguely resembled a Bigsby, had a wooden bridge and pickups that looked like they were faced with formica. This was for my 12th birthday and I was also given a stonking little 5w Selmer amp.

My next Vox was bought from a school friend - again, not sure what it was but it was Stratish with a sycamore neck, plywood body and three chrome pickups.

After that, I got into making my own guitars, the only exceptions being a Kimbara Strat in the `70s and an Epiphone SG in the `90s.

I`ve also had a few basses down the years as mostly, that`s what I`ve played in various bands but until recently when I discovered Warwicks, I hadn`t a clue what they were (just cheapies that I`d sorted).

I`m now looking forward to finding inspiration here among the many virtually forgotten makes of the past.

Cheers
Pete
Soundfarmer Pete

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts