[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Merc

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Merc

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by merc » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:02 pm

I have been playing guitar since the 60's (Yea I know . I can add too.)
I have played in bands, have had some interesting instruments, and taught 2 sons to play. I think they are better than I am (was).
My current guitars are an Ovation Breadwinner (possibly my favorite of all the guitars I ever owned), which is now in my older boys possession and more than likely he adopted it and I'll never see that one again. Hmmm
An Estrata classical nylon string folk guitar that I've had since the 60's or early 70's (I can't remember...see my 1st sentence , which again son # 1 has. (gee now that I'm writing this it seems worse thatn it is, and I'm feeling a bit naked.
Okay back to guitars. I had a bass that I played some songs in the band with. I sold my SG back in the 80's. Probablty my 2nd fave.
Sold my Sekova (neat little hollow body electric with a very high pitch a super slinky strings that would cry on stage. A 12 string folk guitar that sometimes becomes a 6 string for fartin around. This has become my everyday take it or leave it - bang out a few chords and some pickin then neglect it for a week or a month. But I always come back to it. (boy I miss my Estrada..that guitar was used everday and was abused. It has a slight crack in it and it still sounds awesome)-Damn, I gotta get that one back.
And last but not least.. and the real reason I came to this forum...is my personal piece to resistance... The guitar I learned to play on, the guitar I used in my 1st band (and my 2nd band) And one that not only has guitar strings but strings to my heart.... A 1960 something Wurlitzer Wildcat.
So it's good to be here and I will get into my Wildcat questions on another thread.
merc
merc

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts