[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Greetings!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Greetings!

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by offset59 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Hey Guys

My name is Mike and i'm a moderator on another guitar forum. I was the one who bought Steve's sunburst refin ET-460 a few years ago. I no longer have it but I've still got an old original blue one.

I go in and out of phases with '60s MIJ electric guitars. Right now, I'm on a mission to find myself a cool Kawai S-170 or S-180.

I'm looking forward to learning(hopefully) about all the different pickups found on all these old MIJ guitars and just geeking out in general :)
offset59

by VintAxe » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 am

Welcome to the Forum Mike.

You purchased the only "burst" shark fin I've ever seen. Hope it went to a good home.

Here's the guitar:

http://www.vintaxe.com/cgi-bin/vintaxe_ ... isco_k4l_2
VintAxe
Site Admin

by offset59 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks Steve! I sold it to a neighbor when I was living in Boston. The guy really wanted one bad. I guess it was the very first guitar he owned as a child. Supposedly he was going to refinish it in the classic blue cuz his original was that color.

BUT, i just saw a sunburst one on Ebay... maybe it's the same guitar? hmmm...
offset59

by VintAxe » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:08 pm

I say if you want a classic blue finish, buy a guitar with an original classic blue finish. There are plenty of them in the market place; sounds like you pursued this option. Let's save the burst for someone that wants something a bit (non-original) different. Hopefully the eBay guitar is the same fella and will go to an admirer, the re-fin was cool.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by offset59 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm

yeah, I thought the sunburst was great! you did it, right? The guy told me he was going to refin it a few days after he bought it... I thought that was a shame but out of my hands obviously. Hopefully he never followed through...

The ebay one is NOT the same, it only has TWO pickups! Interesting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VINTAGE-60s-ET ... 5194c69a86
offset59

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts