The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Joining in with two vintage Japanese guitars

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by sollophonic » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Just joined this forum, as I recently got hold of two older Japanese guitars probably no more than ten years apart in age, yet light years apart in quality.

First up, a 1984 Westone Concord 1

Lovely playable neck, well made, nice tones sort of a cross between a Tele and a Strat. Many of us gigging musicians in the 1980s used these Westones (and other Japanese guitars) as real affordable and reliable alternatives to the Fenders and Gibsons at the time.

Now down the other end of the scale.

Early 1970s(?) Audition(?)

Many of us started on these planks. I keep this just to remind myself that these were the budget guitars at the time, and that most of the budget guitars available now, are light years away from this one.

This one has a plywood body, narrow yet thick neck, wayward trem, wimpy pickups and dodgy tuners

Great slide guitar though!
sollophonic

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts